Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dreaming about NYC...

Imaginary Amy

You know those things you have, in my case, this picture, that may not hold much significance now, but because it once did, you just simply can't get rid of it? This is one of those instances. As you can see, this pic has been folded, probably washed, moved from office to office, home to home, and it still stays with me.

Why might you ask? Well, I ripped it out of a Boston Proper catalog in 2006 because moving to New York was always at the forefront of my desires. Even with a long term relationship and secure job situation, which kept me from making the move, it was still always at the surface. So, I ripped it out, and put it on my bulletin board at work, just in case I ever needed to buy a pea coat quickly and move to the east coast! Silly right? Maybe not.

Now I hold onto this picture because it reminds me of my dreams. And..... how even when it seemed like something that would never happen, I finally took the plunge, faced my fears, and moved- three years later. Wow.... is all I can say.

I don't want to sound like I am tooting my own horn, but I am really proud I followed my dream. Whether or not I stay out here forever, is yet to be determined. But one thing I do know, is that life is so much more fun, when you dream. And most of all, making an effort to live your dream.

"LEAP AND THE NET WILL APPEAR." (zen saying)

Cheers!

The Designista


0 comments:

Post a Comment